jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2011

NOVEMBER 22, ON THIS DAY IN ELVIS HISTORY

November 22, 1955
Elvis's contract with Bob Neal expired. 
After the switch from Sun to RCA Elvis sent a telegram to the Colonel: " Dear Colonel, Words can never tell you how my folks and I appreciate what you did for me. I've always known and now my folks are assured that you are the best, most wonderful person I could ever hope to work with. Believe me when I say I will stick with you through thick and thin and do everything I can to uphold your faith in me. Again, I say thanks and I love you like a father, Elvis Presley."
November 22, 1956
Elvis performed at the Sports Arena, Toledo, Ohio, at 2.30 and 8.00 p.m. After the show Elvis was bothered by a jealous man, who's wife had a picture of Elvis in her agenda. According to the police Elvis holds his own and the man was arrested.
A young amateur photographer who worked for his high school newspaper, was invited to photograph Elvis Presley at the Cleveland Arena, Ohio. A labor strike at the three major newspapers in Cleveland that day meant that the then 17 year-old Lew Allen was the only photographer at the show.
November 22, 1961
Elvis moved to his new rented home at 10538 Bellagio Road. This was just around the corner of the Perugia Way House. 
The entourage was now made up of Joe Esposito, Gene Smith, Lamar Fike, Ray Sitton, Marty Lacker and Sonny West.
Charlie Hodge and Red West were still part of the picture but worked outside the group too.
"Blue Hawaii"  opened in the U.S. 
November 22, 1963
Elvis and Ann-Margret watched the news of the Kennedy's assassination together.
November 22, 1966
In spite of the fact that the shooting of Easy Come, Easy Go was ended more than 2 weeks before, Elvis wasn't released by Hal Wallis until now. So Elvis had spent most of the last 2 weeks at his new Palm Springs home.
November 22, 1967
Elvis completed location shooting for Stay Away Joe.
The film "Clambake" opened in the U.S. 
November 22, 1971
Elvis spent the week in Los Angeles.
 

CONCERT DETAILS:
Tour Ref: 1956
Date: November 22 1956
Venue: Sports Arena
Location: Toledo OH
Showtime: (2:30 PM)
Crowd: 13.125
Show type:
Ticket Price: $2.00
ELVIS ATTIRE:
Jacket:
Trousers: Black
Shirt: White
ELVIS ACCESSORIES:
Tie: White
Shoes: Black
Belt:
MUSICIANS ATTIRE:
Jacket:
Trousers:
Shirt:
MUSICIANS ACCESSORIES:
Tie:
Shoes:
Belt:
SONGS - TRACKLISTINGS:
Dont Be Cruel
Hound Dog
ARTISTS - OTHER ACTS:
Rex Marlowe
Frankie Trent
Frank Connors
Howard & Wanda Bell


CONCERT COMMENTS:




_

No hay comentarios: